Al Masaood is Committed to Respecting Your Privacy
Al Masaood is committed to respecting your personal information and complying with the relevant laws including, without limitation, the Federal Decree – Law No. (45) of 2021 on Personal Data Protection (“PDP”). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, through your interface with Al Masaood, or that you provide via the Al Masaood Website will be processed.
Who Collects Your Information via the Al Masaood Website?
The Al Masaood Website is owned and operated by Al Masaood LLC, a limited liability company registered in Abu Dhabi, UAE (“Company”).
Information Collected About You
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the Al Masaood Website. You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the Al Masaood Website, by corresponding with Al Masaood by any of the following methods including the contact e-mail address made available on the Al Masaood Website, when you register to receive the Al Masaood newsletter, by subscribing to the Al Masaood’s informational post, participating in other social media activities on the Al Masaood Website made available via the Al Masaood Website, participating in any customer surveys and when you report a problem with the Al Masaood Website. The information you provide may include personal information that you provide by completing on-line web-forms, including, but not limited to:
- Forename and family name(s).
- Email address.
- Telephone number(s).
- Postal address(es).
- any other information that you choose to provide in free-form text fields.
- Information collected about you via the Al Masaood Website. With regards to each of your visits to the Al Masaood Website, the following information may be automatically collected:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Al Masaood Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Al Masaood contact number.
- The Company may also use website visitor statistical data to analyze trends and demographics of Al Masaood’s visitors. Please note that we do not assign each visitor an individual profile.
- Information received from other sources. Al Masaood may receive information about you if you use any other websites operated by an Al Masaood business, or any service provided by Al Masaood. Al Masaood works closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers) and may receive information about you from them.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, website’s domain name, and some digits and numbers.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ cookies or ‘session’ cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by you before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of your session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies may also be ‘necessary’ cookies, allowing us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website, or ’analytical’ cookies, enabling us and third-party services (such as e.g., Google Analytics) to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website.
These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are solely used to help us improve your user experience of the website.
How to delete Cookies?
If you want to restrict or block the cookies that are set by our website, you can do so through your browser setting. Alternatively, you can visit www.internetcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices. You will find general information about cookies and details on how to delete cookies from your device.
Uses made of the information
Al Masaood uses personal information collected about you in the following ways:
- For internal record keeping and administration.
- To identify you when you contact Al Masaood.
- To provide you with the information and services you request via the Al Masaood Website (including without limitation news items, marketing collateral, information, and updates about the Al Masaood).
- To be shared with Al Masaood businesses.
- To provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you.
- To provide you with information about goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or inquired about.
- To perform and analyze the results of customer surveys and feedback about Al Masaood including, but not limited to, being combined with information gathered from other survey participants.
- To allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about Al Masaood.
- To notify you about changes to the Al Masaood Website’s service.
- To address any inquires you may have raised via the Al Masaood Website; and/or
- To ensure content from the Al Masaood Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Al Masaood uses information collected by the Al Masaood Website
This information may be used for the following:
- To administer the Al Masaood Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve the Al Masaood Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Al Masaood Website, when you choose to do so.
- As part of efforts to keep the Al Masaood Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Al Masaood Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
Al Masaood may also receive information from other sources. Information from other sources may be combined with information you provide, and information collected about you. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies may be collected to help monitor your response to Al Masaood e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
How Will We Contact You?
Al Masaood and its third-party service providers, including but not limited to marketing fulfillment, market research agencies and similar organizations, may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message unless otherwise instructed by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties, except as noted below, to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so.
However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with any Al Masaood business. In particular, if you submit an inquiry using the inquiry form available on the Al Masaood Website, your inquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Al Masaood business(es) (based on the inquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be held by such an Al Masaood business(es) as part of its inquiry / customer database.
- Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- Marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and update.
- Market research businesses or similar organizations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who perform services on behalf of Al Masaood; and/or
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimization of the Al Masaood Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event any business of Al Masaood sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If an Al Masaood business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If there is a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any Al Masaood business, customers, or others. This includes without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where is Your Personal Data Stored and Data Transfers?
The Al Masaood Website will be, managed and operated from the United Arab Emirates. The data collected from you via the Al Masaood Website will be stored on servers in the United Arab Emirates. In order to provide you with our services, we may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside of the jurisdiction in which you provide it.
In accordance with the PDP, Personal data can be transferred outside the UAE where the transfer is being made to a jurisdiction that has adopted personal data protection legislation, provided the legislation in question reflects the most important provisions, measures, controls, conditions and rules for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal data, as well as honoring the data subject rights afforded by the Laws and provisions relating to the enforcement of the relevant requirements by a regulatory or judicial authority. In addition, transfers may occur to countries with whom the UAE has signed a multi-lateral or bilateral agreement for the protection of personal data. We expect the Data Office to publish a list of countries which will be treated as adequate for this purpose. By providing your personal data to the Al Masaood Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although all steps reasonably necessary will be taken to protect your personal data, the security of your data transmitted to the Al Masaood Website cannot be guaranteed; any such transmission is at your own risk. Information submitted via the Al Masaood Website is normally unprotected until it reaches the Company. Users are requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email or the enquiry form. Once your information is received, strict procedures and security features will be used to try to prevent unauthorized access.
For How Long is Your Personal Information Kept?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases, there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
At any time, you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
We have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees, partners, consultants, workers and data processors (i.e., those who process your personal information on our behalf), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information held and processed by Al Masaood:
- You have the right to access your personal information
ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and, further details about how it is handled.
- You have the right to rectify your personal information
RECTIFY – if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
- You have the right to request your personal information is erased
ERASURE – you can ask us to delete or remove your personal information where the processing is not necessary for the legitimate interests of Al Masaood.
- You have the right to restrict processing or object to the processing of your personal data
OBJECTION – you have the right to restrict or to object to the processing of your personal information unless the processing of your personal information is necessary for the legitimate interests of Al Masaood.
- You have the right to data portability
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided to the Company with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent
At any time, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the Company to process your personal information.
You can exercise the right at any time by contacting Al Masaood firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you fill in a form on the Al Masaood Website (for example, the inquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, or for your details to be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you indicate this using the relevant box. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not be possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint
If you have a complaint or concern about our privacy practices or how we have used or processed your personal information, you can report it to the UAE Data Office.
Please note that some of the rights listed above may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process your personal data or not disclose the same.
Third-party Sites and Sponsors
The Al Masaood Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Al Masaood, partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The PDP gives you the right to access information held about you. For more information about this right please see the UAE Data Office (u.ae).
Al Masaood does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the Al Masaood Website. Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Any questions or concerns pertaining to this policy should be addressed to email@example.com